Re: indentation of c code

i tried to play with gnu indent but i dont like some specific parts,
e.g.

some_function_with_a_very_long_name (GtkWidget *widget, GdkEvent event,
                                     gpointer data)
-> either i would put every argument on its line or all of those on just
   1 line..

    primary =
        g_strdup_printf (_
                         ("some long text %s"),
                         list_length);

-> sorry, but no sane programmer would do stuff like that...

    command_line =
      g_strdup_printf ("gnome-open mailto:?subject='%s'", _("Media
files"));
-> same as above

        gtk_action_group_set_sensitive (cheese_window->actions_flickr,
TRUE);
        gtk_action_group_set_sensitive (cheese_window->actions_fspot,
TRUE);
        gtk_action_group_set_sensitive
(cheese_window->actions_account_photo,
                                        TRUE);

-> why should the last TRUE be on a separate line if those above arent?

and so on.. mostly the problems are with long lines, where the logic is
more important than a strict rule, which says you dont have to go above
a certain limit (as the -l parameter does)

my settings to get the above were:

indent file.c -i2 -psl -di0 -bl -bli0 -nce -d0 -cli0 -pcs -nfc1 -nut -lp
-hnl -nbbo --ignore-newlines -T GtkWidget -T GtkWindow -T
CheeseWindow ....

would be great if someone could help me with this!

daniel

--
this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gmail com>