Re: libcanberra as an external dependency

Ross Burton wrote:
On Thu, 2008-08-07 at 12:25 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
While esd may be considered old, it's not exotic. It is THE sound server for GNOME right now.

It is the *deprecated* sound server for GNOME.  We don't complain when
applications stop linking to libgnomeui because they can use modern
replacements, so I don't see the problem here.

But the modern replacements for libgnomeui are blessed GNOME dependencies. I don't see pulseaudio listed in the platform, desktop, or external dependency lists.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	gnome FreeBSD org