Re: Dependency Proposal: Clutter 0.6.2, ClutterMM 0.6

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 10:19 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le lundi 21 avril 2008, à 17:10 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi a écrit :
> > Clutter is already providing a (portable) integration with GTK+, Webkit,
> > Cairo, GStreamer and event a physics engine - and we are committed to
> > release the current trunk as 0.8 before GNOME 2.24 is API frozen[3].
>
> I think people now understand some of the arguments that might make a
> few release team members happy ;-) Can we also assume that 0.8 will be
> maintained during the GNOME 2.24 lifetime?

we plan to release 0.8 by June, at this point; we have some pending
items to merge into trunk before we can start pushing out developers
snapshots.

all the releases with the same even micro version number are API and ABI
stable; depending on the amount of bug fixes we do micro releases for
the stable cycle as well (I recently did a 0.6.2 release), so yes: 0.8
will be maintained for the entire duration of GNOME 2.24. this obviously
holds for the rest of the libraries in the suite (clutter-cairo,
clutter-gtk and clutter-gst for instance).

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,