Re: Dependency Proposal: Clutter 0.6.2, ClutterMM 0.6

On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 18:59 -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
> <gjc inescporto pt> wrote:
> >   1. It does not use Cairo;
>
> The implementation that I'm proposing will blit Cairo-rendered
> surfaces to textures using cluttermm. I couldn't make pretty, scalable
> 2D graphics without Cairo. So, they complement each other...

Well, Cairo is not just a checkbox that you can check and make everyone
happy; unless the entire output is Cairo, you cannot easily print the
content with high quality vector graphics.  You can't convert OpenGL
graphics to PS or PDF...

But I want to make clear that it is just a general comment I make about
Clutter.  In this specific case, gnome-games, it doesn't apply; I don't
think people will care much about high quality printing of a chess
game :)

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
"The universe is always one step beyond logic" -- Frank Herbert