Re: Call for hackfest ideas

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 15:31 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 13:29 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> >
> > I would so propose a docfest if I thought there
> > would actually be people attending.
>
> So, you and Don then?

Well, what I meant was a documentaion-writing shindig.
We do get some writers here and there, but I don't know
if any of them would attend such an event.  Honestly,
I think face time would be most valuable for new people,
and these are the people we'd be least likely to get to
come.  (Plus, there's the issue of whether we'd want to
spend so much money on people without a track record.)

Now, documentation hacking is another story.  A hackfest
could probably do wonders for Mallard.  There are yet a
lot of actual design decisions to be made, and a lot of
thought that has to go into the full implementation.

I can think of quite a few people I'd like to have at
such an event.  Me and Don, of course.  And Brent if
he ever reappears.  Our Foie Gras folks: Szilveszter,
Buddhika, and Denis.  And Danilo to help us look at
localization stuff.  And Liam Quin, because you can
never go wrong when you have Ankh.

--
Shaun