Re: Call for hackfest ideas

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 09:15 +0200, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:

> I'll be persistent and propose a "better general experience" hackfest
> including better multimedia support, better system sounds and a sane
> interface for printing (including automatically supporting hotplugged
> printers and possibly downloading drivers from openprinting).

These ideas all sound nice and great and all, but not hackfest ideas.
Who will be invited to such a "better general experience" hackfest?
What will be the concrete outcome of the event?  A hackfest, the way we
use that word, is a very small event.  Think 2 to 5 people.  Sure, the
GTK+ hackfest was 30, but that one was very special.  Not many other
specific areas ("documentation", "art", "java-gnome", "bluetooth",
"pulseaudio", "session manager" ...) need more than a few people in the
same place to generate really good outcome.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759