Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22

I read your message three time but I still can't figure out if you're for or against Empathy in Gnome.

On 9/23/07, Andrew Cowie < andrew operationaldynamics com> wrote:
On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 17:07 -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:

> See my other reply regarding Pidgin's de facto status as the Gnome
> desktop IM client.

Being a part of GNOME is not just writing an app that happens to use GTK
(and don't even talk about the evolution - great way to smash your
addressbook). The fact that it is a successful, widely used program
doesn't come into it. It's not a GNOME program (in all the meanings that
that has, the least of which is has it actually been accepted into
GNOME!) and doesn't want to be.

So fine. If one or three other groups want to work on capabilities that
_will_ integrate properly with the GNOME desktop and allow other apps to
use it, then all the better.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

We are an operations engineering consultancy focusing on strategy,
organizational architecture, systems review, and change management
procedures: enabling successful use of open source in mission
critical enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London