Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22

On 9/23/07, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:

Op zondag 23-09-2007 om 16:00 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Jason D.
Clinton:

> Needless duplication of work covered by Pidgin and Ekiga (and, so far,
> done better). This is a reimplementation of the wheel.

Are you serious? Although I have my own gripes with Empathy[1], at least
it tries to integrate with GNOME. Pidgin isn't part of GNOME in the
first place, but moreover it doesn't even pretend to have any sort of
GNOME integration, short from using GTK for its user interface.

I'm completely serious. Pidgin integrates with Gnome (see Evolution contact sharing) and even correctly implements the notification icon that you fault Empathy for getting wrong. Have you actually tried using Pidgin?