Re: Module proposal: GtkGLExt for GNOME 2.22

Having recently used GtkGLExt, I thought I'd throw in my 2c worth.

GtkGLExt appears to work, but it seems to be very picky about when
things are realized and shown. I found the ordering for setting up the
space to change depending on whether or not I was using Glade and when I
wanted to do certain GL operations.

The documentation is sporadic and rather unclear. I think the
documentation needs to include a couple of very straightforward
top-to-bottom examples of how you use this widget (this would probably
be less of a problem if it wasn't for the weird initialisation
idiosyncrasies).

On the whole however, it did manage to get the job done. I think that
having a GL widget in GTK+ is not a terrible idea.

--davyd

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA