Re: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?)

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 03:21:23PM -0400, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 11:27 -0700, Sanford Armstrong wrote:
> > For example, whenever we commit a patch in Tomboy,
> > we mention the relevant revision number in a bug comment.  If Bugzilla
> > were smarter it might be able to do neat things with that, and we
> > might come to depend on that feature.
>
> You mean like having a post-commit-hook that would parse the commit
> message that would say "Fix #12345" to mark the bug 12345 in bugzilla as
> fixed with the commit message and revision # attached? That would be
> awesome IMHO.

This would require knowing the Bugzilla email address for every LDAP
account. I've planned something like this, but there a loads of
different sysadmin requests, while I don't have loads of time. So..
takes a while (becomes closer the more work is done on Mango).

--
Regards,
Olav