Re: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?)

On 9/14/07, Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 05:36:36AM -0700, Sanford Armstrong wrote:
> > Yes, using a command called "svndumpfilter".  You'd have to not care
> > about your revision numbers being resequenced.
>
> People care about that?

Probably not in our case, but I can imagine a more mature project
caring, especially if they use tools that try to be smart about
revision numbers.  For example, whenever we commit a patch in Tomboy,
we mention the relevant revision number in a bug comment.  If Bugzilla
were smarter it might be able to do neat things with that, and we
might come to depend on that feature.

But we're not talking about mature projects, so I do think nobody
would care much.

Sandy