Re: Distributed SCM in Gnome (Was: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

On 9/12/07, John Carr <john carr unrouted co uk> wrote:

But wait, if they aren't going to give up on manually written
ChangeLogs, won't merge problems still apply? I thought the point of
bzr/git was that you could micro-commit and side step the need for
changelogs, preventing merge problems?

I've been pretty happy with keeping my ChangeLog on a wiki, e.g.:
http://code.google.com/p/hotwire-shell/wiki/HotwireChanges
While reserving the VCS for low level code comments.