Re: Distributed SCM in Gnome (Was: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 03:02:51PM +0200, Ali Sabil wrote:
> I just checked out the gnome live page comparison of the 3 major DRCS, but I
> am afraid the page is actually heavily biased toward git, and contains a lot
> of outdated/irrelevant informations. I don't want to start a flamewar, but I
> think we should rather define a set of criterias that will allow selecting a
> DRCS (if the gnome project decides to move to a DRCS of course), instead of
> just dumping a set of "features", also, I would like to add that the
> benchmarking linked from that page is really very outdated and useless, it
> would be better if someone create some up to date benchmarks.

The page is new, takes a while before all benefits are added (especially
if you are e.g. Git expert).

Regarding benchmarks, if someone could test latest everything
(git,bzr,hg) with a few of our bigger SVN repos (gtk+, gnomeweb-wml, ..)

--
Regards,
Olav