Re: quick question regarding bonobo-activation-server-ior file

On S� 2007-08-25 at 10:39 -0700, Gabriel M. Elder wrote:
> My apologies if this is the wrong list.
>
> Would someone be so kind as to tell me what executable
> and/or library is responsible for handling the corba
> object reference file
> /tmp/orbit-$USER/bonobo-activation-server-ior that
> gets created when a user starts a gnome desktop
> session? I'm assuming that this would be a
> higher-level executable calling bonobo and/or orbit
> library functions. I'm looking for the program
> responsible for handling this file during the login
> process, where it creates the file if it doesn't
> exist, and where it decides to read in the file if it
> does (to retrieve the object reference). BTW - what is
> the relationship between this object reference and the
> X virtual terminal number/assignment, and whence is
> this relationship/association established and stored?
> Is it stored in the bonobo-activation-server-ior file
> itself, or is it handled by ORBit and/or bonobo?
>
> OK, so maybe these weren't such "quick questions"
> after all... But it'd be a real time-saver and a big
> help if someone would answer these. If you answer on
> this list, or prefer that i redirect my question
> elsewhere, please also cc: my personal email account,
> so i get the message right away.

Gabiral, quite simply /tmp/orbit-$USER/bonobo-activation-server-ior is
created when bonobo-activation-server is started, which is a daemon that
is automatically launched the first time a bonobo-activation API is
called by any bonobo client.  It really could be just about any program,
but most likely the first bonobo client to use bonobo is probably
gnome-session; if not, gnome-panel or nautilus are other likely
candidates.