Re: MAINTAINERS in svn -- have it or no commit for you

Le samedi 01 septembre 2007, à 00:02 +0200, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> > Does it also make it impossible for translators to commit? If yes, can
> > we postpone this to after 2.20.0?
>
> Depends on what you are asking. Someone interpreted this as
>  "you have to be in MAINTAINERS or you cannot commit"
> ...which is not true. It is just that nobody cannot do a commit in a
> module until it has a valid MAINTAINERS file.

That's what I understood :-)

> Further, anyone can commit a proper MAINTAINERS file. As soon that is
> done all commits will work (you could even combine the MAINTAINERS
> commit with a bug fix)... but I can understand translators not wanting
> to deal with that.

Maybe we can change the pre-commit script to allow commits in the po
directory? I'm just worried that this might create problems for
translators because we've just entered string freeze.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.