Re: Online Desktop and GNOME 2.22

On Ter, 2007-10-30 at 17:10 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> (Though, I do think python is questionable for tray icons and daemons,
> since for whatever reason each python / pygtk process is so huge.

Well, last I checked, the cpython implementation *never* releases memory
back to the OS. This is why I can't really understand why so many things
in gnome are done in python. I mean, check your rhythmbox before and
after you load a python plugin. I really like python's philosophy and
syntax but this memory use behavior continues to drive me away from it
and from apps written in it. Anyway, yea, this is quite a tangent here.

Rui