Re: Online Desktop and GNOME 2.22

Hi,

Philip Withnall wrote:
Would we really want a potentially core part of the desktop to be
implemented in Python? :-(

Colin is talking about the mugshot stacker app, not the parts that would be potentially core.

(Though, I do think python is questionable for tray icons and daemons, since for whatever reason each python / pygtk process is so huge. An under-mentioned reason why we keep writing stuff in C is the multiple-process architecture of a GNOME/KDE style desktop, vs. the one-big-process approach of say Eclipse that makes per-runtime overhead less relevant. But this is pretty much a tangent.)

Havoc