Re: Proposal: swfdec-gnome

Bastien Nocera <hadess <at> hadess.net> writes:

> Hey Benjamin.
>
> I think that using GStreamer for playback would be a must for swfdec to
> be accepted as a blessed dependency (and thus swfdec-gnome added to the
> desktop). We've been through not allowing other playback engines in the
> past, so I don't think we can let swfdec change that position.
>
> I hope you can work with the GStreamer guys to get the technical
> problems sorted out. Having bugs filed or discussions started on
> mailing-lists about the problems you've seen would also help the
> community see that efforts are being made in that direction.

To keep you guys updated:

After some discussion with Wim it seems there is a completely different solution
for the GStreamer backend that works fine with current releases. I'm pretty
confident that the GStreamer backend will work perfectly in the next Swfdec
release.

Cheers,
Benjamin

PS: Bastien, Fedora is still the only distro not shipping Swfdec... ;)