Re: Proposal: swfdec-gnome

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 12:22 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> I think that using GStreamer for playback would be a must for swfdec to
> be accepted as a blessed dependency (and thus swfdec-gnome added to the
> desktop). We've been through not allowing other playback engines in the
> past, so I don't think we can let swfdec change that position.

I also think it would also have to be proposed as a dependency for some
specific application that wants to use it - we don't just add libraries
because they are cool. Or it would have to be proposed as part of the
platform, though I don't personally see Flash being part of our
platform.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com