Re: Pulseaudio

On Mon, 15.10.07 15:57, Frederic Crozat (fcrozat mandriva com) wrote:

> Le lundi 15 octobre 2007 à 13:23 +0100, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> > Frederic Crozat wrote:
> > > <hat vendor="Mandriva>
> > > As a side note, there are discussions about using PA by default on next
> > > MandrivaLinux release but I'm not sold to the idea yet, for the reasons
> > > stated above. Maybe PA 0.9.7 will make me change my mind, who knows :)
> > > </hat>
> >
> > Fred, Lennart's 0.9.7 branch is coming soon to cooker. Since Christiaan
> > Welvaart applied my patch to update our libtool it actually works on my
> > machine now! I'll commit it shortly :) (pa 0.9.7 needs libtool 1.5.24 it
> > seems as Lennart pointed out to me!)
>
> Sorry to play devil advocate here but you can't expect people to judge
> software quality based on svn branch snapshot.

Oh, the current "lennart" branch in PA SVN is pretty much
stable. Stable enough for us to push it into F8. The only reason I
didn't release this as 0.9.7 yet, is that the core of PA received some
non-trivial changes since 0.9.6 and two more exotic modules are not
ported over yet. And I wanted to make sure that PA 0.9.7 is no
regression in functionality.

Lennart