Re: a11y module proposal: MouseTweaks (i.e.: software click)

В Птн, 12/10/2007 в 10:32 +0200, Gerd Kohlberger пишет:
> Murray Cumming wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 17:27 +0200, Francesco Fumanti wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>

> >> After informally proposing onboard and mousetweaks for integration
> into GNOME on the gnome accessibility mailing list, here is a somewhat
> more formal request for the integration of MouseTweaks into GNOME:
> >>

> >> 1. Purpose: MouseTweaks is a set of special accessibility enhancements
> to controlling the mouse cursor. It provides:
> >>   * a pointer capture area
> >>   * a way to open the contextual menu with a left click and hold
> >>   * a way to perform the various clicks (single -, double -, drag -, right click)
>  by software without any hardware button, usually called dwelling.
> >> Particularly, this would fill the current accessibility gap in GNOME for users
>  who can move the pointer, but are not able click with any hardware button.
> >
> > I'd much prefer to see these things integrated into current control
> > panels, such as the Mouse control panel. And maybe in the accessibility
> > control panel if that plans to show accessibility options all together
> > in one place.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if all mousetweaks options fit into gnome-mouse-properties. The problem is that the
> current configuration dialog already has 3 tabs and there will likely be more options once we add
> the single-click feature (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Specs/MouseTweaks/mousetweak5).
>
> It might be better to retain the current standalone dialog and rework it to match the look&feel of
> gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties.
>
> I suggest the following:
>  * Rename mousetweaks-preferences to gnome-accessibility-mouse-preferences and rework the gui.
>  * Maybe put a launcher 'Mouse Accessibilty' in System->Preferences->Universal Access
>  * Provide a patch for gnome-at-properties which adds a button 'Mouse Accessibility' in the
>    Preferences Section to launch the dialog.
>
> This would complement the existing gnome keyboard features with a mouse counterpart.

Oh no, are you proposing an app for inclusion into KDE? We are GNOME.
For a long time we stripped all setting not just because they confuse
users but also because they make programs overcomplicated and hard to
use and to document and, the most important, to develop.

Be simple, what three tabs are you talking about, it should just work
with a single button - "Enable mouse tweaks". I shouldn't tune my mouse
to be able to click. Let's add usability-list to CC if that's not too
much, I hope people there will suggest something.

Description: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=