Re: pulseaudio

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 10:47 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> I'm not sure you want to build your case of "PA is not right for
> GNOME" based on Pro audio users.

This came up during the PulseAudio session at Boston Summit, and it was
notable that the conversation went something like:

        Person B: "This should be proposed for 2.22"

        Person A: "Someone objected last time"

        Person C: "Well I was the one who objected, and my concern has
        largely been addressed by the discussion we've had already"

This was followed by a fairly widespread discussion about pro needs and
how basically the people doing the hacking are trying to focus on the
baseline case for most desktop users' needs first, and after a few goes
around pretty much everyone agreed that this made sense.

I know nothing of audio issues, but it seemed to me a very positive
meeting, and I hope that GNOME will be able to leverage the hard work
these hackers are putting in.

Cheers,

AfC
Sydney