Re: Evolution Plugins (Was Re: Rise of the Plugins)

Le dimanche 18 novembre 2007, à 00:15 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan a écrit :
> Sorry to join late in the discussion, just back from my vacation.
>
> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 11:38 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Maybe 95% of the plugins of evo should not be displayed as plugins. They
> > should either be preferences in the standard preferences dialog, or they
> > should be enabled anyway.
>
> 95% is a bit much ;-)

Yeah, sometimes (often?), I need to lie to make my point ;-)

> > This is not only true for evo, rhythmbox has the same issue (although
> > there are less plugins there)
> >
> > (and of course, +1 for splitting evo)
>
> Vincent, at GUADEC 06 I demoed split. Even there was a external patch
> that was floating in hackers list some time back. Unfortunately all
> those break the assumptions of Evolution. There are lot more dependent
> issues which needs to be addressed before split. I guess it would take a
> separate release for that. The current team is focussing on
> stability/performance/bugs of Evolution and MAPI based Exchange
> connector. If we are out of MAPI atleast, we would definitely have more
> time to do things required for split. Split itself would take pretty
> less effort :-). Believe me that most of the team too understands it and
> we have already done some thoughts for its dependent issues
> ( http://www.go-evolution.org/UAM ) and it is part of our planning as
> well ( http://www.go-evolution.org/Evo2.22 ). I hope that we would have
> some dedicated resources for it pretty soon.

Really great to hear that!

Also, since I've been playing a bit with evo lately, I have felt the
stability/performance work being done in evo since quite some time.
Pretty good stuff :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.