Re: build systems

On 11/9/07, Rob Taylor <rob taylor codethink co uk> wrote:
One problem I find rather endemic in gnome is a) 'forced' usage of older
automake/autoconf versions (why AM 1.7? why?!) and a lot of very
confusing and messy autotools usage (I'll make a list if people want..).
Maybe it'd be better for us to spend time cleaning up our autotools
usage to be more understandable than switching to something else that's
less capable.

That's the most refreshing idea I've read in this entire 53-post thread.