Re: strawman (Was Re: build systems)

On Nov 12, 2007 2:09 AM, Nicolas Trangez <eikke eikke com> wrote:
> While I do agree using some declarative language to describe a build
> process is useful for IDE integration, I think this wouldn't be a gain
> for maintainers not using any IDE, as maintaining the build files would
> be rather hard

Perhaps, but would that be any change from now?  I literally left that
for other people to take care of in packages that I maintained
(metacity, libwnck) for a long time for two reasons: (1) I couldn't at
the time, (2) why bother when someone (or something) else will handle
it -- I'd rather concentrate on useful stuff.

Elijah