Re: build systems

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 10:59 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> I tried to use CMake last year to be curious, and it failed because of
> the lack of documentation. With autotools I discover new tricks every
> days, but most of them are just in the documentation that is widely
> available (unlike CMake).

Yes, I think I was looking at it at the same time and I came up with the
same conclusion.  I learned autotools faster than I learned CMake due to
the horrid documentation on CMake's part.  It's powerful, but I couldn't
really get anywhere with it.  Plus it doesn't have the nice configure &&
make && make install methodology that I so liked.

sri