Re: Agnubus?

That may be, I haven't looked at its code (which I'm actually about to do), but I can say with a certainty that Abiword is more responsive than OOo Writer and Gnumeric is more responsive than OOo Calc. I would guess something that was written specifically for the Gnome desktop for presentations would have the same benefits.