Re: [gst-devel] Why is gstreamer not an external dependency?
- From: Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org>
- To: James Henstridge <james jamesh id au>
- Cc: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Why is gstreamer not an external dependency?
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:20:05 +0200
> If you don't break the API in the next series, why would you make a
> change that requires every application to be updated to take advantage
> of the new release? Doesn't that just make work for everyone?
The applications don't need updating, the configure.ac
For some reason people *want* to see a GStreamer with the numbers 1 and
0. So they will want to use a gstreamer-1.0.pc file.
] [Thread Prev