Re: New GNOME Dependency Proposal: libgcrypt

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 19:13 +0000, Nate Nielsen wrote:
> It's very likely that gnome-keyring will depend on both libgcrypt and
> gnutls by the time 2.20 is released.
>
> gnutls' certificate and key parsing/storage and related will be used for
> the gnome-keyring certificate store. libgcrypt will provide lower level
> public and symmetric crypto support.
>
> gnutls is already listed as a GNOME dependency here:
>
> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNineteen/ExternalDependencies

Reached this point i think GNOME should make a decision on what crypto
library is it going to use/bless:
	evolution is using libnss
	gnome-keyring will using libgcrypt/libgnutls
	gnome-vfs can use openssl or libgcrypt/libgnutls

Under certain circumstances gnome can be using the three libraries!

I think gnome should choose on of the libraries and stick to it instead
of using the three of them.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Diego