Re: normalizing filenames and strings

El mar, 27-03-2007 a las 18:55 +0200, Denis Jacquerye escribi�> There's an interesting Unicode bug with all gnome apps at the moment.
> Canonically equivalent file names are not considered equivalent by
> applications.

If you have applications that "don't work" when you have Unicode
filenames, it's a telltale sign that they are not using
g_filename_to_utf8() and g_filename_from_utf8() correctly:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Character-Set-Conversion.html#file-name-encodings

I'd be interested in knowing of applications that use this API properly,
but that still have problems with composed/decomposed names.  In that
case, we may need to explicitly normalize inside those functions:  they
are the central point of change between UTF-8 (GNOME's encoding for
strings) and the file system's own encoding.

[Those functions don't normalize currently; maybe they need to... do you
have a reproducible bug?]

  Federico