Re: Is there going to be a release of network-manager-applet for GNOME 2.18?

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 00:39 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Dan Williams wrote:

> >> What about nm-vpn-properties? See my other email. What's your take on this?
> >
> > It has not been split out, and is still part of NetworkManager, as are
> > the VPN plugins.  I guess it will be released when a 0.6.5 of NM gets
> > released.
>
> Well, this is not quite correct. The vpn plugins are in the same svn
> source tree, but they are in a different tarball each (make dist).
> nm-vpn-properties on the contrary is included in the network-manager
> tarball.
> I don't recommend to split the small nm-vpn-properties utility into a
> separate svn tree and tarball but simply move it from network-manager to
> network-manager-applet before 0.6.5 is released.

That's a good point I guess.  The main reason stuff like this didn't
happen was because there wasn't a great need at the time, and there
wasn't a lot of time to make it happen.  But that's not really an
excuse.

What would your proposed directory structure look like after moving the
properties app over?

Dan