Re: libpcre: external dependency for gnome-system-monitor?

On 6/7/07, Benoît Dejean <benoit placenet org> wrote:
Le jeudi 07 juin 2007 à 13:17 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> On 6/7/07, Benoît Dejean <benoit placenet org> wrote:
>
> > >  or use the new GRegex?
> >
> > I think GRegex already requires pcre ? I can see that glib requires pcre
> > 7.0 to build. So what's wrong ?

It's now optionnal but enabled by default. Is that OK ?

What does enabled by default mean?  Does it mean that it will link to
pcre if found and still build if not found, or does it mean that it if
pcre is not available then an error will be thrown whenever
--disable-pcre isn't specified?  If the former (which it looks like
from a quick glance at your new configure.in), this sounds fine.  The
module should build without requiring special flags.

Thanks Benoit,
Elijah