Re: libpcre: external dependency for gnome-system-monitor?

Benoit,

On 5/9/07, Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 00:54 +0200, Marco Barisione wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 08/05/2007 alle 18.26 -0400, Claudio Saavedra ha
> scritto:
> > gnome-system-monitor is  not buildable without libpcre. Is this a
> > required external dependence or what?
>
> This was discussed some months ago[1], PCRE was not a blessed external
> dependency and probably nothing has changed since then as the list of
> dependencies[2] does not contain it.

Actually, yes. That is my concern and forgot to say it: libpcre is not
in the list of external dependencies, so I am not sure if it can be used
in an official GNOME module.

I was busy with a move back when Claudio brought this up, and it got
lost in my inbox so I didn't follow up previously.  However, the
concern is correct; pcre is not yet an approved external dependency.
Could you please remove it, make it optional, or use the new GRegex?

Thanks,
Elijah

P.S.  Thanks for catching this and bringing it up, Claudio.  Sorry for
being so slow to follow up.