Re: Bluetooth device detection

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 18:52 +0200, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> Op dinsdag 17-07-2007 om 14:12 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Nicolas
> Trangez:
>
> > Now, there needs to be some place in our desktop where the user can
> > start this discovery when he wants to add hardware. I was thinking about
> > these possibilities:
> > - An applet (or tray icon) with some "Discover Bluetooth hardware"
> > action connected to it.
>
> There are already two Bluetooth-related icons cluttering my notification
> area with their pointless presence. Gnome-obex-server and bluez-applet.
> Couldn't the discovering functionality be added to one of these?

The gnome-obex-server showing up there was a problem since it was
created, and it's going away.

> > - Add a totally new capplet, "Add hardware".
>
> I think hardware management is better left to distribution vendors.

Huh. If that was the case, we'd never have any Bluetooth support ever in
Linux-based distros. It's part of the bluez project, and the work is
already being done on the bluez-gnome wizard to that effect.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>