Re: Discussion for a more robust panel layout

2007/7/8, Tomasz Torcz <zdzichu irc pl>:
On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 05:22:30PM +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> I'd rather see some gravity settings ("always try to go towards the
> left edge"), since that's where you'll want to have the applets
> anyway, on the edges.

  Not true. Maybe grouping (if space_beetween applets <
half_panel_width, then move applets close together).

Grouping, yes, also _GRAVITY_NONE and _GRAVITY_CENTER. Maybe even a
"light" gravity option, eg. your applet is already in the left 1/3
portion of the panel => no change.

Keeping applets
only on edges isn't practical -- it takes more time to differentiate and
target tightly grouped applets.

I wasn't too clear, but I didn't mean _only_ edges, if you have your
applets on the edge you'll likely want them to be in the edge after
the resolution change too, no?

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi