Re: some more questions on the control center shell, etc

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 17:20 +0000, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 14:23 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 08:05 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > > I don't think this needs to be removed. We probably just need to complete
> > > the classification of the capplets, and work on the real control center
> > > problem, which is "too many capplets".
> > >
> > this is #1 priority for 2.19/2.20 development, so if you have any idea,
> > please bring it to us.
>
> Of course if we'd tackled that problem first, we might not have needed
> to switch back to a shell at all :/

I think the shell is still a good thing, provided that, even if we
reduce the number of capplets in control-center itself, there will
always be 3rd party capplets, growing as GNOME gets more and more used,
so I really think the menu is something we don't want back (except as a
"feature" for old-style lovers)
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>