Re: Proposed module: anjuta

Hi Vincent (resending it with ddl in cc),

On 1/11/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:

I have two concerns for Anjuta. The first one is related to this: I
guess it'd be better for Anjuta-in-GNOME to have releases more
frequently (but of course with less changes). Adopting our release
schedule is quite important in terms of release management,

There hasn't been any incentive for us to follow gnome release cycle
so far. If we are talking about starting 'GNOME Developer tools suite'
now, then of course things can/will change.

Frankly, we have no release 'cycle'. We just release what's ready
based on some tentative milestones and plans. There is nothing
preventing us to adopt a more schedule based release cycle to align
Anjuta with the rest of the tools.

Since this the first release of the suite, I think we should relax the
rules a bit for now and let all the tools in the suite adapt to the
release system.

Of course, with the recent beta release, we will get into more
frequent releases -- that's just natural. Earlier we did not have
anything sensible to release (half-baked) and hence all the waitings.

and from
what I can see, I believe Anjuta is not ready for this. Maybe it'd be
better to wait for the next release cycle?

> We have Anjuta 1.2.4a, the last stable release, that can be considered
> for the GNOME devel suite release.

Is it still maintained?

Unfortunately, no. Fortunately, I don't see that as a concern since 1)
that version is still usable and going strong,  2) We are getting
close to Anjuta 2.2.0 (stable release). In next release cycle we will
in much stronger ground to include Anjuta 2 in the suite.

But then it's your (or others) call to decide it. I am fine with either way.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba