Re: Proposed module: tracker

Adam Schreiber wrote:
On 1/12/07, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro <gjc inescporto pt> wrote:
  Basically point 2 is a killer.  No one is going to want to run this
except in servers.  Keeping the CPU busy almost 100% of the time is not
nice: consumes more power, gets my computer fan running faster and more
loudly.. I can't even begin to imagine what a nightmare it will be for
laptop users..

Is it possible for tracker to use the gnome-power-manager api so that
the indexer will only run at all or at full speed when AC power is
available?  There could be some kind of throttled mode or only process
file change notifications while running on battery power.

thanks thats a good idea (I assume I can use dbus to get the info so dont have to depend on any gnome stuff)

please consider adding enhancement requests to:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=tracker

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/