Re: Proposed module: anjuta
- From: "John Stowers" <john stowers lists gmail com>
- To: "Rob Bradford" <rob robster org uk>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposed module: anjuta
- Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:10:41 +1300
I don't really think Anjuta is ready to be included in our new
(proposed) developer suite (yet!). The last release was in May 2006 and
although lots of work has been done on the CVS (now SVN) version I
really think the developers need to get into the habit of making more
I agree however would it be somewhat pointless to have a developer
tools suite without an IDE?
For me Anjuta2.x is considerably better than Anjuta1.x (feature for
feature) but is plagued with instability problems (at least the
version in edgy is).
Perhaps adding Anjuta to a GNOME endorsed suite would help in getting
Anjuta2.x to make more regular releases.
so +1 because I think we need to take this gamble...
] [Thread Prev