Re: gnome-session patch nag: change client removal order when logging out

On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 20:05:39 +0100, Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org> wrote:

ensure that metacity & co are removed after "average" clients on
logout.
I believe this is a very good idea. I have noticed "naked" windows without window decorations many times before, especially when many of their memory pages resided in disk swap.

Personally, I'd even push this further by statically holding back killing the following applications at logout,
and then finally closing them in chronological order:

nautilus
metacity
gnome-panel

--