Re: Bumping cairo requirement for 2.18 from 1.3.12 to 1.3.14

On 2/28/07, Frederic Peters <fpeters 0d be> wrote:
Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Thought this is automatic.  Anyway, please bump.  1.3.14 has been out
> for a couple of weeks now...

No, it isn't.  And we haven't yet created a process for fast-tracking
these either, though we seemed to have general consensus that one
should exist (see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-February/msg00001.html
and the general thread at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2007-January/msg00445.html).

Commited to jhbuild module set and updated external deps on live.g.o.
Don't hesitate to do such changes by yourself.

Thanks for getting me into action Frederic, it's taken me too long to
get back to this.  So let me propose that we allow changes like the
ones Frederic just made.  In particular, I'm proposing the following
text and process for the ExternalDependencies page, based on the rough
agreement we previously reached on d-d-l for fast-tracking the bumping
of micro version numbers:

"This page can be updated at any time by the release-team. Others not
in the release team can update the micro version number of modules if
(a) they introduce no other new (or newer) external dependencies and
(b) the module has committed to API/ABI stability guidelines
equivalent to those of our Developer or Bindings platforms, and (c)
the person who does the updates ensures that jhbuild and GARNOME are
either updated or at least notified of the need to update. Please
update only the recommended version instead of the minimum version
unless an official GNOME module will require the newer version to
build."

Any suggestions for changes or objections?

Thanks,
Elijah