Re: D-Bus vs jhbuild

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 10:47 +0100, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've been having some problems with services started by dbus in a
> jhbuild environment lately.
>
> What I'm seeing is that some services - maybe all that are started by
> dbus - are being run out of the system prefix instead of the jhbuild
> prefix.
>
> I've built everything against the system installed dbus and hal, since
> building these and getting them to work has been too much hassle every
> time I've tried in the past.
>
> Is there a way to get dbus launched services to start out of the jhbuild
> prefix with this setup?
>
> The ones I see started from /usr are:
>
> gnome-settings-daemon (started by gnome-session)
> gnome-vfs-daemon (started by???)
> totem-plugin-viewer (started by epiphany)
>
> Anyone able to help here?

The system dbus starts daemons from /usr/share/dbus-1/services/, and the
files installed there generally contain Exec=/usr/bin/foo.

gnome-vfs lets you do -with-dbus-service-dir=PATH to install service
files there instead.

Maybe there is some dbus env var you can set too?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an ungodly drug-addicted firefighter who hangs with the wrong crowd.
She's a beautiful communist single mother who dreams of becoming Elvis. They
fight crime!