Re: Window subtitles

2007/2/17, Gezim Hoxha <gezimetc shaw ca>:
I really like the idea and I was always opposed to that HIG suggestion
that window titles should only contain document information.

Just want to point out that the above change for gossip is not out of
line with the HIG, it just defines the "document" better.

The main motivation for the instructions in the HIG is  most likely
the sad example where you have 5 different apps and 10 windows in
your task bar, all of them labeled "Micros...".

The titles should of  course be reasonably unique, specially within an
application.

Having a sort of comment field (like .desktop files have) would be
nice *if* the window manager has a reasonable place to show them (or
rather the option of not showing them).

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi