Re: Tarball generation using outdated tools (gnome-doc-utils, autotools)

hi Jan;

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 11:44 +0100, Jan de Groot wrote:

> I think we should pay attention to this issue for the final release
> tarballs, as that is what people running gnome from source will use when
> GNOME 2.18 becomes final. Many people don't like the fact that GNOME is
> 50-100 tarballs with many dependencies to get it complete, but when we
> have several important packages (gnome-applets, gucharmap,
> gnome-terminal, gnome-power-manager, file-roller, gnome-utils, totem)
> that don't compile out of the box, these people will certainly have
> something to rant about (and to make things worse: ./autogen.sh is not
> included in tarballs, it's only in SVN (totem and epiphany are an
> exception here)).

I usually smoketest every gnome-utils tarball on my edgy box, to see if
it passes make distcheck outside the jhbuild jail where I distcheck from
SVN.  if there are any issues, please open a bug with the autotools
versions you are using, so that I don't loose track of this.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,  E: ebassi gmail com