Re: Fast User Switch Applet development

On 12/02/07, Calvin Gaisford <cgaisford novell com> wrote:
Has there been any discussion on making the Fusa functionality available
in other components?  I've been playing around with the code and have
created a library and dialog that borrows heavily from the fusa code
base.  I'd hate to duplicate this code all over the place and would like
to propose an addition that would allow other desktop components to
display a switch user UI.

There are a bunch of ways this could be done (small application,
library, dbus interfaces into fusa, maybe all three?) but I'd like to
start a discussion about it.

What would a dbus interface to fusa do that an interface to gdm
wouldn't? After all, fusa is nothing but a bunch of code to do applet
stuff and a bunch of code to talk to gdm. Very recently, gdm itself
has added a dbus interface, and I'm working on making fusa use that.
So what you want is probably to talk to gdm directly.

peace

Thomas