Re: New Control Centre

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 19:19 +0000, Alex Jones wrote:
> It's slow.
>
> Now when I want to quickly get to my sound settings I have to click
> System, Control Centre... *wait 3 seconds*, figure out where "Sound"
> should be and then click that. And then I have an extra window to close
> when I'm done, which really does annoy me.

yeah, we need to do some performance improvements on the new CC, nothing
that cannot be fixed, so it would help if people could run it through
the tools we have for that (valgrind, sysprof, etc)

> IMO this was just a proper bad idea. If we had a proper control centre
> app like Mac OS's

what does the Mac OS CC have that is so much missing in our new CC?

>  then it would be a different story, but this thing is
> just a glorified application launcher that introduces an unnecessary
> layer of separation.
>
> Down with control centre.
>
> I want my menus back. Changing settings just isn't the quick
> in-and-out-in-5-seconds-flat job it used to be.

they are back in SVN trunk, so will be there for you in next release.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>