Re: Menu being purged from memory? Was: New Control Centre

Le mardi 06 février 2007, à 10:29, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 09:24 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > What's happening, though, is that the menu is rebuilt when a .desktop
> > file is added/changed/removed, and the icons are loaded only when the
> > menu is shown. Which is ugly.
>
> Yes, that sounds about right - update a new bit of software and the
> machine turn into a 486 when clicking the menus for the first time.
>
> Is there anyway of re-loading all the correct icons in use by the menus
> when gtk-update-icon-cache is run?

It shouldn't be hard. The only difficult part is figuring how to handle
the login case: when you login, many programs are asking the disk to
work, and we shouldn't ask for tons of icons at this time.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.