Re: New Control Centre
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Russell Shaw <rjshaw netspace net au>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: New Control Centre
- Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:19:32 -0600
El mar, 06-02-2007 a las 12:52 +1100, Russell Shaw escribi�> If profiling has to be done to make a menu faster, it is pretty obvious
> the system it is built on is stupidly inefficient and broken, especially
> if said menu is slow on a 10 year old pc.
Almost 10 years ago, when GNOME started, we had like three apps we
wanted to put in the menus. So, reading .desktop files from disk didn't
seem like a bad idea.
Now that we have hundreds of .desktop files, it is not a good idea
anymore to have them scattered all around the disk. You are absolutely
right; the system it is built on is stupidly inefficient and broken!
] [Thread Prev