Re: Control center shell, panel and breaking compat
- From: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: Thomas Wood <thos gnome org>, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, release-team gnome org
- Subject: Re: Control center shell, panel and breaking compat
- Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 01:15:17 +0100
Le mardi 23 janvier 2007, à 19:22, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> On 1/23/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > Le mardi 23 janvier 2007, à 14:28, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> > > You are wrong. The breakage is that the panel simply stopped to parse
> > > settings.menu and hardcodes the cc shell now. No change in gnome-menus
> > > is going to fix that...
> > And the panel did this because settings.menu now only contains the cc
> > shell desktop file.
> The one in the current control center release does, but there are
> other settings.menu files out there...
> > I'll be happy to revert this if we have a settings.menu file like the
> > old one.
> If this was meant as an optimization, can I propose to check for the
> existence of settings.menu, and do the optimization if settings.menu
> is not present ? That way, people who are happy with the cc shell
> can save the overhead, while others still have the flexibility to use
Should be fixed in trunk.
The default is to have the cc shell, though.
To change the default, you can simply remove NoDisplay=true from
desktop-directories/Preferences.directory.in in gnome-menus and add
NoDisplay=true to gnomecc.desktop (shipped with gnome-control-center).
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.
] [Thread Prev