Re: Control center shell, panel and breaking compat

Le mardi 23 janvier 2007, à 19:22, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> On 1/23/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > Le mardi 23 janvier 2007, à 14:28, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> > > You are wrong. The breakage is that the panel simply stopped to parse
> > > settings.menu and hardcodes the cc shell now. No change in gnome-menus
> > >  is going to fix that...
> >
> > And the panel did this because settings.menu now only contains the cc
> > shell desktop file.
>
> The one in the current control center release does, but there are
> other settings.menu files out there...
>
> > I'll be happy to revert this if we have a settings.menu file like the
> > old one.
>
> If this was meant as an optimization, can I propose to check for the
> existence of settings.menu, and do the optimization if settings.menu
> is not present ? That way, people who are happy with the cc shell
> can save the overhead, while others still have the flexibility to use
> settings.menu.

Should be fixed in trunk.

The default is to have the cc shell, though.
To change the default, you can simply remove NoDisplay=true from
desktop-directories/System-Settings.directory.in and
desktop-directories/Preferences.directory.in in gnome-menus and add
NoDisplay=true to gnomecc.desktop (shipped with gnome-control-center).

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.