Re: Ask for help for devhelp program

On 四, 2007-02-01 at 20:01 +0800, simon.zheng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just using devhelp. Anyone can give me some help? Here are some
> questions.
>
> - I notice library libdevhelp-1.so exports some interfaces that can be
> invoked by other programs. Is there any real program using those
> interfaces now? Some docs mention devhelp has been integrated with many
> IDEs like anjuta, gide and emacs. Is this done by libdevhelp?

devhelp plugin in anjuta 2.x always crash :(

> - How can I add new books to devhelp? For example, there are some SANE
> docs. I want to brown and search them in devhelp. How do I generate
> devhelp format docs for it? BTW, is .devhelp2 format file just a index
> for search?

There are several python scripts can generate .devhelp file from .html,
man page etc.

/usr/share/doc/devhelp/tools/devhelp.vim
/usr/share/doc/devhelp/tools/html2funcs.py
/usr/share/doc/devhelp/tools/html2xml.py
/usr/share/doc/devhelp/tools/man2xml.py

I have used the html2xml.py to generate a .devhelp for svnbook, then I
can browse the whole svnbook in the devhelp :)